Tracy Ridout Wiki – Tracy Ridout Biography
Tracy Ridout, 53, was babysitting a friend’s German shepherd earlier this month and was trying to throw a toy at it when the dog playfully nipped at her finger. Her mother, from Perth, began to suffer immense pain days later and finally drove to Rockingham General Hospital in the early hours of August 18, where she discovered that she had a kidney, liver and blood infection. . Ms. Ridout had contracted capnocytophaga canimorsus, an extremely rare bacterial infection that an animal transmits by biting or licking. She was transferred to Fiona Stanley Hospital when her condition rapidly deteriorated and her organs began to fail. Doctors told her devastated family on Friday that there was nothing more they could do, and sadly, on Tuesday her daughter announced that she had died. “Unfortunately, Tracy has sadly passed away,” Tracy’s daughter Sophie wrote on a GoFundMe page. “She will be missed by all of her friends and family.”
Tracy Ridout was 53 years old.
Cause of Death
Sophie and her brother Kieren spoke out last week to warn others against seeking urgent medical attention for a dog bite, no matter how minor. “Even if it’s just a dog bite, because that’s what happened to my mother, it wasn’t a vicious attack,” she said. Kieren added: “Obviously we didn’t know what to pay attention to and Mom didn’t know what to pay attention to and I don’t think either of us did.” “When Grandpa explained what was going on, he kind of surprised me that it went from a dog bite to… we don’t know what.” “I’m just trying to be strong…the knowledge needs to be available because God forbid it happens to someone else’s mother or someone’s family member in any way.” The bacterium is commonly found in the mouths of cats and dogs, but rarely causes disease in humans. Symptoms include blistering near the wound, redness, swelling, pain, or fever. “People at high risk of an infected animal bite are those with compromised immune systems, including people with diabetes,” said Dr Michael Page, president of the WA Australian Medical Association. “We recommend that almost all animal bites be examined by a doctor so that they can be properly cleaned and closely monitored.”